Alabama manages international business through a variety of touch points: professional development, first-class trade missions, distribution of qualified point-to-point international leads, and excellent trade publications.
The Alabama Department of Commerce’s Office of International Trade aids the development and promotion of exports, and stands behind the belief that our state’s economy is a direct correlation to our competitive international business acumen. We offer plenty of paths to help business enter new profitable markets, including:
- Instructing and training companies for success on a global scale
- Providing vital foreign-market information and beneficial international contacts
- Promoting the state through presentations, online databased, trade associations, and publications
- Circulating key contacts in finance, as well as mining for investment opportunities
- Organizing both domestic and international trade support programs and events
- Using and connecting businesses with valuable resources for access to the best markets, distributors, and qualified agents
Trade programs are funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.