The Business Forum of Mobile & Baldwin Counties is hosting a free seminar for local business owners from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday, May 29 at 5 Rivers Delta Resource Center.
“Small Business Palooza” will cover loan acquisitions, business legal issues, business formation, tax questions, online marketing practices and many other issues involved in small business start-ups, operation, documentation, revenue generation, growth and ownership transfer.
Speakers and topics are as follows:
- Brent McMahon, senior area manager with the U.S. Small Business Administration will discuss “The SBA and Its Loan Programs: Key Information about SBA Lending”
- Jeff Allen, a certified public accountant with Allen Allen & Foster will cover “Choosing and/or Changing Your Organization Type: A review of how and why you might want to change”
- Richard Corrigan, attorney with The Corrigan Law Firm will present “Legal Issues Encountered in the Formation, Operation and Growth of a Business”
- Jason Shervey, digital media consultant with Hearst Media Services will discuss “The Ever Changing Face of Google Search & How to Win the Game: SEO best practices and methods to stay on topstay on top”
- William Bruce, accredited business intermediary with William Bruce Sales & Acquisitions will present “How to Buy or Sell a Business While Avoiding Costly Mistakes.”
The workshop is free. Seating is limited to the first 50 people.
To register email William Bruce at WilliamBruceOnline@gmail.com.