Five startups from Birmingham, Mobile and Anniston will vie for up to $250,000 this spring during an Alabama Launchpad competition in Florence.
The Economic Development Partnership of Alabama, which hosts the event, will allow teams to participate in a startup finale April 7 on 500 N. Pine Street in Florence. Select companies will take home funding at the competition to grow their small businesses.
The following teams were chosen to advance in the competition last week during a live-pitch event in Birmingham:
- Alternavisit, based in Birmingham, is a secure cloud based software to capture patient requests for care without a doctor’s office visit and creates an efficient solution of communication and information capture.
- Daily Drip, based in Birmingham, provides continuing education content for busy professionals.
- TechtoTable, based in Mobile, develops applications to improve restaurant operations and guests’ dining experiences.
- White’s Environmental Solutions, based in Anniston, takes organic wastes and transforms them into a solution for farmers and landscapers.
- XpertDox, LLC, based in Birmingham, is an online doctor finder tool personalized for patients’ diseases based on doctors’ clinical skill, educational and leadership roles and research.
February 22, 2016