WASHINGTON – The U.S. Small Business Administration is proud to announce today that SBA’s online portal is ready to accept nominations for its 2015 National Small Business Week Awards, including the annual Small Business Person of the Year award. SBA has been following the mantra – Smart, Bold and Accessible in the way the agency conducts business.
This is now the third year SBA has been using the online portal submission process, a great and smart improvement from years past. The dedicated web portal http://awards.sba.gov provides all the guidelines and has made it much easier to submit and track submissions of nominees for National Small Business Week.
Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy. For over 50 years, SBA will continue its tradition in honoring the nation’s 28 million small businesses.
SBA Awards given in celebration of National Small Business Week include the following awards:
- National Small Business Person of the Year (chosen from among state award winners from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam)
- Phoenix Awards (recognizing outstanding accomplishments during disaster recovery)
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- The Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence (recognizes large prime contractors who have used small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- SBA 8(a) Graduate of the Year (for recent graduates of the SBA’s 8(a) Business Development Program)
- Exporter of the Year
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)Excellence and Innovation Award (nominations of SBA-funded SBDC Service Centers)
- Women’s Business Center (WBCs) of Excellence Award (nominations of SBA-funded WBCs)
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award (nominations of SBA-funded Veterans Business Outreach Centers)
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
All nominations must be submitted online, postmarked or hand delivered to the SBA no later than 3 p.m. EST, Monday, Jan. 5, 2015. In addition to the portal, nominations can also be sent directly to an SBA District Office – for contact information and other District Office information visit online at http://www.sba.gov/tools/local-assistance/districtoffices.
Release Date: October 1, 2014
Contact: Terry Sutherland (202) 205-6919
Release Number: 14-59
Internet Address: http://www.sba.gov/news