Alabama Association of Regional Councils
- Greg Clark President
- 5900 Carmichael Place Montgomery, AL 36117
- Phone 334.277.2221
- Fax 334.277.3899
The Alabama Association of Regional Councils is composed of twelve regions. Its mission is to expand and strengthen the capabilities of Regional Councils to serve local governments and the citizens of Alabama.
Alabama Business Incubation Network
- Devron Veasley, MBA Chairman
- 1020 Ninth Avenue S.W. Bessemer, AL 35022
- Phone 205.481.2000
- Fax 205.481.2100
Alabama’s small business incubators provide office space, in-house shared clerical and administrative services, loan programs and an entrepreneurial environment for businesses just starting. They also provide one-on-one business counseling and seminars.
Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM) – Permits & Services Division
- Russell A. Kelly Chief
- P.O. Box 301463 Montgomery, AL 36130-1463
- Phone 334.271.7715
- Fax 334.271.7950
ADEM’s Permits & Services Division provides essential information and assistance that small businesses need to navigate through the state regulation and permit process.
Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM) -General Services Branch, Permits & Services
- Aubrey H. White III Chief, General Services Branch, Permits & Services Division
- 1400 Coliseum Boulevard Montgomery, AL 36110-2059
- Phone 334.271.7711
- Fax 334.271.7952
ADEM’s Ombudsman Office assists small businesses in complying with environmental rules and serves as a liaison between ADEM, small business, local governments and the general public to keep these groups informed of regulatory changes and opportunities.
Alabama Department Of Industrial Relations – Workers’ Compensation Division
- Steve Garrett Director
- 649 Monroe Street Montgomery, AL 36131
- Phone 334.956.4026
- Fax 334.353.8262
The Workers’ Compensation Division is responsible for the administration of the Alabama Workers’ Compensation Law to ensure proper payment of benefits to employees injured on the job and encourage safety in the work place.
Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services (ADRS)
- Peggy Anderson State Coordinator of Business Relations
- Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services Homewood, AL 35219
- Phone 205.290.4457
- Fax 205.945.8517
Recruitment and disability management
Alabama Dept. of Revenue – Office of Taxpayer Advocacy
- Lynette Spraggins Revenue Manager
- 4118 Gordon Persons Bldg. Montgomery, AL 36104
- Phone 334.242.1055
- Fax 334.242.0814
The Office of Taxpayer Advocacy has been established to provide an avenue of relief, to identify systemic problems, and to offer suggestions for improvement in procedures.
Alabama Entrepreneurial Research Network (AERN)
- Ms. Anne Hamner AERN Member - Fayette County
- Fayette Chamber of Commerce Fayette, AL 35555
- Phone 205.932.4587
- Fax 205.932.8788
AERN is a program to enhance business development throughout rural Alabama. Assistance comes in the form of access to computers and peripheral equipment, strong training emphasis via materials, workshops and seminars and online resources.
Alabama Industrial Development Training (AIDT)
- Ed Castile Executive Director and Deputy Secretary of Commerce
- One Technology Court Montgomery, AL 36116
- Phone 334.280.4400
- Fax 334.613.3287
AIDT is a state agency established to build a healthy state economy by recruiting and training a skilled workforce to attract new industries to the state and to expand existing industries.
As a division of the Alabama Department of Commerce, AIDT provides a full range of customized technical training programs that are offered at no cost to employers and to the trainees.
AIDT offers services including trainee recruitment and screening, safety assistance, industrial maintenance assessments, continuous improvement/process improvement assessments, and leadership training programs. Training is conducted by AIDT staff or contracted instructors and delivered through classrooms or 38 Mobile Training Units (MTUs) customized to meet specific company needs which can be set up directly on the employer’s site.
Alabama International Trade Center
- Brian Davis Director
- The University of Alabama, Culverhouse College of Business Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0396
- Phone 205.348.7621
- Fax 205.348.6974
The William R. Bennett Alabama International Trade Center, located at the University of Alabama, provides export research, training, and financing services to Alabama’s small business community.
- Economic Development Partnership of Alabama Foundation
- 1320 1st Avenue South Birmingham, AL 35233
- Phone 205.943.4700
- Fax 205.943.4799
Alabama Launchpad is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to support and promote high-growth entrepreneurship and innovation in Alabama. The organization is a partnership among the state’s research universities and the business community.
Alabama Microenterprise Network (AMN)
- Gaynelle Adams Jackson President
- P. O. Box 1882 Birmingham, AL 35261
- Phone 205.856.2776
- Fax 205.856.3776
Alabama MicroEnterprise Network (AMEN)is a 501(c)(3) organization that speaks with one voice to serve, educate and empower the microenterprise service providers in Alabama and the entrepreneurs they represent. AMEN is a member organization comprised of people and organizations that advocate for and support the growth and development of Alabama’s microenterprise community.
Alabama Secretary of State
- Elaine Swearengin, CPM Director of Business Entities
- 770 Washington Avenue - Suite 580 Montgomery, AL 36104
- Phone 334.242.7221
The Business Entity Division operates as a depository for records of domestic entities and foreign entities that have qualified to transact business in Alabama. The types of entities we serve include For-Profit Corporations, Non-Profit Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, Registered Limited Liability Partnerships, and Limited Liability Limited Partnerships.
Alabama Small Business Capital
- Angie Winter-Sweatman Vice President
- 3120 Frederick Road Opelika, AL 36801
- Phone 334.275.9700
- Fax 334.275.9704
The Source for SBA 504 Lending. The program is designed to assist small to medium-sized companies that are considered fiscally healthy. In certain instances, the SBA 504 Loan Program may also be used to finance start-up businesses.
Alabama Small Business Development Center Network
- William Cummins Executive State Director
- The University of Alabama, Culverhouse College of Business Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
- Phone 205.348.1582
- Fax 205.348.6974
Working with the Small Business Administration (SBA), the Alabama SBDC Network provides assistance with a variety of needs, including business planning, financing, exporting and importing, and government contract procurement.
Alabama State Black Chamber of Commerce
- Jerry Mitchell President/CEO
- P. O. Box 550022 Birmingham, AL 35255
- Phone 205.895.1157
Alabama State Treasury – Cash Management Division
- Tanya Cooley Cash Management Director
- Alabama State Capitol Montgomery, AL 36104
- Phone 334.242.7507
- Fax 334.242.4242
The Linked Deposit Program is a partnership between the Treasury and Alabama banks for the benefit of agricultural and small business operations, and to provide disaster relief funds when applicable.
Alabama Technology Network – Corporate Office
- Chris Franklin Public Relations and Marketing Specialist
- 500 Beacon Parkway West Birmingham, AL 35209
- Phone 205.943.4808
- Fax 205.943.4813
ATN Mission: ATN provides the most innovative technical assistance and training to continually improve Alabama businesses and industries.
Community Enterprise Investments, Inc. (CEII)
- Grover Brown Loan Officer (Alabama)
- 302 N. Barcleona Street Pensacola, FL 32501
- Phone 850.595.6234 x2038886052505
- Fax 850.595.6264
CEII offers loans to start-up and expanding business enterprises ranging from $2,500 to $150,000. Loan applications are available on line, or by calling our office. Applicants MUST provide all requested information. Contact a loan officer for more info.
Department Of Finance – Purchasing Division
- Christine S. Cook Chief Procurement Officer
- RSA Union Building Montgomery, AL 36104
- Phone 334.242.7250
- Fax 334.242.4419
To provide quality service through effective teamwork and communication with state agencies and vendors alike, in order to fulfill the purchasing needs of the State of Alabama in a professional, legal, responsive and timely manner.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
- Ms. Walter Carr DBE Contract Manager
- Alabama Department of Transportation Montgomery, AL 36109
- Phone 334.242.6242
(DOT) has in effect a policy of helping small business owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals, including minorities and women, in participating in contracting opportunities created by DOT financial assistance programs.
Greater Mobile Development Corporation
- Teresa Sands Executive Director
- 1141 Montlimar Drive; Suite 2015 Mobile, AL 36609
- Phone 251.650.0826
- Fax 251.650.0827
Certified Development Corporations that originates SBA 504 loans for fixed asset financing.
Legal Services Corporation of Alabama
- Kimberlee Gosney Supervising Attorney
- 102 S Court St, Suite 404 Florence, AL 35630
- Phone 256.767.2020
- Fax 256.767.2212
Primary Area Served: Lauderdale, Colbert, Franklin, Lawrence and Limestone. Legal Services Alabama helps people and communities throughout the state develop microenterprise.
LiftFund in Alabama
- D’Undray Peterson Business Advisor
- 401 19th Street N. Birmingham, AL 35020
- Phone +1 888.215.2373
We’re LiftFund, formerly known as Accion Texas Inc, and for over twenty years we’ve provided millions of dollars in small business loans to deserving entrepreneurs. We’re proud to say that LiftFund’s mission is to help the most vulnerable people in our society who are striving for a better life. They need access to capital, education and a support system to realize their potential and increase their chances for success. We provide those things.
Office of Minority Business Enterprises, (OMBE)
- Scott Stewart Program Manager
- Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs (ADECA) Montgomery, AL 36103-5690
- Phone 334.353.3966
The office provides information on procurement and contracting opportunities with federal, state, county and city agencies and assist in meeting state procurement opportunities. OMBE also provides certification for minority and female owned businesses.
Office of Small Business Advocacy
- Eddie F. Postell Manager
- Alabama Center for Commerce Montgomery, AL 36130-4106
- Phone 334.242.0485
- Fax 334.242.0415
The Small Business Office of Advocacy fosters the growth of Alabama’s small operations by giving them a variety of assistance. The office provides information to businesses, and the needs and concerns of small-business owners are regularly addressed.
Procurement Technical Assistance Program of Alabama
- Jerry D. Ellison Program Manager
- The University of Alabama, Culverhouse College of Business Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0396
- Phone 205.348.1687
- Fax 205.348.6974
Our procurement specialists use innovative technology and sound business practices to assist Alabama businesses in obtaining local, state and federal government contracts.
Southern Development Council, Inc. (SDC)
- Mrs. Dana Moore Executive Director
- 8132 Old Federal Road Montgomery, AL 36117-8007
- Phone 334.244.1801 x1188004993034
- Fax 334.244.1421
The Southern Development Council, Inc. (SDC) can assist you in obtaining the financing you need to start or expand your qualifying business.
- Eleasa Stewart Program Contact - Minority/Female Business Program
- 605 Richard Arrington, Jr. Blvd. N. Birmingham, AL 35203-2707
- Phone 800.292.4005
We are building upon our core values of diversity and inclusion to create a competitive advantage as we grow. Spire is committed to creating economic opportunities that reflect all the communities we serve.
The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
- Rosemary Elebash State Director
- 7550 Halcyon Summit Drive Montgomery, AL 36117
- Phone 334.264.2261 x1800
- Fax 334.262.7451
NFIB’s purpose is to impact public policy at the state and federal level and be a key business resource for small and independent business. Advocacy is a top priority for NFIB. NFIB provides timely information designed to help small businesses succeed.
TruFund Financial Services
- Kim Carter Evans Vice President / National Director of Corporate Communications
- 1927 First Avenue North; Suite 602 Birmingham, AL 35203
- Phone 205.715.2710
- Fax 205.715.2711
TruFund Financial Services, Inc. (TruFund) is a national not-for-profit organization with $50 million in assets under management. We seek to stimulate economic development in communities that are underserved by traditional banking institutions by providing affordable capital, hands-on business assistance, and innovative solutions to small businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and real estate developers.
TruFund’s lending activities are designed to strengthen the capacity of faith-based and community organizations, community development corporations, small businesses, and large-scale development projects. TruFund works closely with community-based partners to develop and operate programs that address specific capital gaps within local markets, and seeks to obtain funding commitments from local financial institutions to serve local needs. Our products range along the continuum of credit from multi-million-dollar New Markets Tax Credits projects to microenterprise loans for new entrepreneurs.
U.S. SBA – Alabama District Office
- Tom Todt District Director
- 2 North Twentieth Street; Suite 325 Birmingham, AL 35203
- Phone 205.290.7101
- Fax 205.731.0170
Free counseling, advice and information on starting and/or expanding a business is available through a network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDC), the Service Corps of Retired Executives Association (SCORE), and the Women’s Business Centers.