With virtualization and cloud computing changing the IT industry landscape, companies are looking to optimize their data storage needs, and Alabama has already become a central conduit for this burgeoning network of business.
- Google is building a $600 million data center in Jackson County
- Facebook has invested over $1 billion in its data center in Huntsville
- AUBix has opened a multi-tenant data center in Auburn
- Six universities offer degrees in related fields
- Higher data center job growth rate than neighboring states
- Six sites designated as Primary Data Center Sites by TVA