By land, sea or air, Alabama is a prime hub for distribution and transportation logistics both nationally and globally.
- 6 Interstates totaling 1,060 miles
- Half of U.S. population within one day’s driving distance
- 2,000+ miles of Class I railroad track
- 19 U.S. Highways totaling 3,852.85 miles
- 9th largest seaport in U.S. (Port of Mobile)
- No. 17 ranked U.S. airport for international cargo (Huntsville International)
- 100+ overseas shipping lines served
Here is a sample of the companies with distribution centers in Alabama.
- Home Depot
- Dollar General
- ACE Hardware
- CVS Pharmacy
- Fastenal Company
- JoAnn Stores
- Children’s Place